Based on millions of users across the world, we picked the best vegan and vegetarian (veggie food) near you.
2533-D Pacific Coast Hwy. Torrance,
2064 Pacific Coast Hwy Lomita, CA
21247 Hawthorne Blvd Torrance, CA
(Using detected location of Los Angeles, CA 90009)
Veggie food can be amazing
Well made veggie food can be delicious. Whether you’re looking to eat healthier or just looking for something different, here are a few restaurant suggestions for how to get more vegetables.
- Indian restaurants often have mostly vegetarian dishes since about half the population in India is vegetarian. They eat lots of dairy, though, so it’s definitely not vegan.
- Salad restaurants like Sweetgreen and Fresh and Co. have delicious options that have tons of vegetables but can also include meat like chicken.
- Pizza is mostly vegetarian. If you can pass on the meat lovers, you’ll find nearly everything else is plant-based.
- Mac and cheese is vegetarian. It’s not exactly healthy, but it usually has no meat.
My favorite lentil patties
This recipe evolved from an Indian lentil dal into an interesting side dish.
- 1 lb bag of red lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp brown mustard seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cups of water
Fry onion in oil until it softens. Add spices and garlic and cook for another 30 sec. Add lentils and water. Boil on the stove top for 30 min or pressure cook for 10 min. Transfer cooked lentils into deli quart containers and refrigerate overnight. The next day carefully remove the lentils from the containers in one piece and slice into 1 inch thick patties. To serve, fry in oil for about 5 min on each side until crisp.