This is a classic BBQ rub for pork ribs. You should cover your ribs with this the day before cooking. You can also put this in a shaker on the table for the dry bbq snobs at your party.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar light or dark
- 2 tbsp kosher salt or 1/2 as much table salt
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp onion powder or granulated
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or granulated
- 1 tbsp black pepper ground
This should be enough for one rack of ribs with some extra. Increase according to how many racks you're cooking.
It's fine if you don't have all the ingredients. As long as you have the sugar and salt, the rest is optional.